Connect Up With Downs gets creative.
Cooking Baking Budgeting Laundry Time Management Transit Fitness & Movement Public Speaking Arts Music Drama Games Teamwork Independence
We have something for everyone!
Connect Up With Downs came to life because as a family with a seventeen year old with Down syndrome we saw a need for her to stay connected to her peers once she finished high school. We had the desire and the opportunity to create a place where she can continue to learn, to meet new friends, stay connected with old ones and have lots of fun while learning.
A lot of thought and consideration was given to our location. We are two short blocks north of both c-train lines and have multiple bus stops directly out front. Our building is small and inviting.
We aren’t your “typical” classroom!
Learning to be independent takes a lot of practice, repetition and patience. We have a full kitchen and laundry area to teach everything from cooking simple foods to more complex baking, how to make a bed and launder sheets.
Cleverly disguised math ~ time setting ~ money management ~ budgeting ~ shopping lists skills all learnt in fun unique ways.
Across the hall is our buildings lunchroom where we encourage our members to interact among themselves and others at lunch. After completing a gym safety course they may choose to access the building gym.
- Monday 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Tuesday 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Wednesday 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Thursday 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Friday 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
$0/ No Charge Supervision
- Monday 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
- Tuesday 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
- Wednesday 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
- Thursday 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
- Friday 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
- Monday 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm
- Tuesday 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm
- Wednesday 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm
- Thursday 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm
- Friday 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm